Panic attacks can be scary events. If your loved one suffers from a panic attack offer these helpful steps:
– Stay with the person and keep calm.
– Offer medicine if the person usually takes it during an attack.
– Don’t make assumptions about what the person needs. Ask them.
– Speak to the person in short, simple sentences.
– Be predictable…stay calm, and collective.
– Help slow the person’s breathing by breathing with him or her or by counting slowly to 10.
– Do let them know that it’s only temporary.
– Help find an object for them to focus on, or a happy place they like to visit. Help them visualize this.
Do you have any tips that you would like to add to our list? Comment below!